It’s my husband’s birthday today and when I asked him what he wanted he said green chile pulled pork enchiladas. He absolutely loved it! Pressure cooking the roast in my InstaPot saved me so many hours.
- Season the pork roast with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. Sear the roast on all sides, then place in an InstaPot or pressure cooker. Pour half of the salsa verde over top.
- Reduce the skillet’s heat to medium-low and sauté the onions and bell peppers until tender. Add the garlic and spices, continuing to cook until fragrant. Add the vegetables to the InstaPot and pour in the remaining salsa verde.
- Seal and cook, at pressure, for 1 hour. Release the pressure before shredding the pork with 2 forks. Add 1/2 cup of cheese and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 375°F and add 1 cup enchilada sauce to the bottom of a large baking dish.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat and add the tortillas, 2 at a time, heating until pliable. Double up the tortillas and spoon 1/4 cup of the filling along the center. Fold gently and place in the baking dish. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and drizzle the remaining enchilada sauce over top. Top with the remaining cheese and cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes before removing the foil and baking an additional 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly but not crispy.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!