Happy Memorial Day, everyone! This meal is in memory of my brother, Sergeant David Applegate. Smoked peppered elk steaks, roasted onion, air fried bacon Brussels sprouts, asparagus, sautéed mushrooms, sliced tomatoes and corn on the cob. Here’s to you, bro!
- 2 large Elk Steaks
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Ancho Chile Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Rosemary; chopped
- Preheat smoker to 375°F.
- Drizzle the steaks with the olive oil and sprinkle with the seasonings and spices. Rub the seasoning over the steak and place on the smoker.
- Smoke the steaks to your desired doneness, flipping once; about 10-12 minutes for medium-rare.
- Place the steaks on a cutting board and add the butter and rosemary over top. Tent with foil and rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!