I don’t have much of a sweet tooth, but this is my weakness. I grew up eating banana pudding and love love LOVE it! Folding whipped cream into the pudding makes it so light and airy.
- 10-12 Pepperidge Farms Chessmen Cookies
- 1 cup Nilla Wafers
- 3 large Bananas
- 3 1/2 cups Whipped Cream; divided
- 3 1/2 cups Whole Milk
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 large Egg Yolk
- 2 teaspoons Butter; melted
- Pour the pudding ingredients into a large saucepan and whisk until the sugar and cornstarch are dissolved. Set the burner to medium heat and whisk continually until thickened and heated through, making sure it doesn’t scorch or boil.
- Fold 1/2 cup of the whipped cream in the saucepan, then pour half of the pudding into a large dish and top with the Nilla Wafers, half of the remaining whipped cream and bananas.
- Gently pour the remaining pudding over top and place in the fridge to set for at least 10 minutes.
- Top the pudding with the Chessmen cookies as well as the remaining whipped cream and bananas.
Looking for a main dish? Try one of these recipes!