First time making and trying flautas! I was forced to eat frozen taquitos when I was younger and haven’t been interested in rolled tacos since. But I had some rotisserie chicken I needed to use up and I saw a post on instagram that looked so delicious!
- 15 uncooked Flour Tortillas
- 4 cups Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 cup Onion; chopped
- 1 cup Bell Pepper; cored and chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic; minced
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Ancho Chile Powder
- 4 oz Green Chiles; drained
- 1 cup Sweet Corn
- 1/2 cup Mexican Blend Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. Sauté the onions and bell peppers until tender before adding the garlic and cooking until fragrant.
- Add in the chicken and cook until heated through. Reduce heat to medium-low and add the spices, corn, cheese and green chiles. Remove from the heat and toss to coat.
- Heat another skillet with 1/2” of oil over medium heat. While it heats up, fill each of the tortillas with the chicken mixture. Roll tightly, then set aside seam side down.
- Fry the flautas until golden brown on all sides and place on a wire rack to drain the excess oil. Garnish with sour cream, pico de gallo and guacamole.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!