Cheat day and Taco Tuesday! Smoky Rotel Chicken Tacos, creamy Refried Beans and Cantina Salsa Rice. I go whole hog on my cheat days. I made sure to make enough chicken for tomorrow’s Cinco de Mayo Enchiladas and some to munch on as a little late night snack.
- 2 large Chicken Breasts
- 1 can Spicy Rotel
- 1 can Green Chiles
- 2 cloves Garlic; minced
- 1 teaspoon Ancho Chile Powder
- 1/2 cup Bell Peppers; chopped
- Salt to taste
- 6 Blue Corn Tortillas
- 1 cup Pico de Gallo
- 1/2 cup White Onion; chopped
- 1/2 cup Cotija Cheese
- 1/4 cup Cilantro; chopped
- Heat a dutch oven over medium-high heat and add the chicken ingredients. Once the mixture starts to bubble, cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add a damp paper towel to a tortilla warmer and heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat. Sear the tacos until pliable and place in a tortilla warmer, covering with the damp paper towel until all the tortillas are ready.
- Shred the chicken and add it and your desired toppings to the tortillas.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!