It’s been a hot minute since I’ve made Vietnamese Spring Rolls or Gỏi Cuốn and Spicy Peanut Sauce. I normally make them with shrimp, but Chicken sounded amazing. I also had some of the sweet and sticky sauce leftover from last night so I made a small bowl of Ground Beef & Broccoli.
Five Spice Chicken Spring Rolls
Servings: 2 Cooking Time: 40 Minutes
- 2 medium Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4 rice Spring Roll Wrappers
- 1 1/2 cups Lettuce; chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot; shredded
- 1/2 cup Red Cabbage; shredded
- 2 oz. Rice vermicelli; cooked, drained and chilled
- 1/4 cup Red Onion; sliced
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Add the chicken to a cutting board and drizzle lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle on the spices and rub into the chicken, making sure the entire surface is covered. Place on a baking dish and cover with foil. Bake for 20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. Rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Run the rice wrappers under warm water and place on cutting board. Working quickly, add 3-4 slices of chicken to the wrapper, forming a row. Layer a handful of the lettuce, carrots, cabbage, onion and vermicelli over top.
- Wrap tightly, being careful not to tear the wrapper. Place on a small platter and repeat with the remaining rolls. Chill for 10 minutes before serving.
Looking for a main dish? Try one of these recipes!