I’m home and mostly healed from my 13 hours of dental surgery! I really wanted something easy to make and easy to eat. I’m still doing the low carb thing, so Zucchini Lasagna it is! I didn’t even miss the pasta…as much as I thought I would.
*cough* make your lasagnas with cheddar *cough*
- 1 lb Italian Sausage
- ½ cup Onion; chopped
- 3 cups Marinara Sauce
- 2 large Zucchini; sliced lengthwise
- 2 cups Ricotta Cheese
- 1 large Egg
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian Herbs
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2 cup Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, egg, salt, garlic powder and Italian herbs. Mix until well combined, then set aside. Place the sliced zucchini on paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and rest for at least 5 minutes, blotting away any extra moisture.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium heat and brown the Italian sausage. Drain, then add the onions; sautéing until tender. Pour in the marinara and heat through.
- Add ⅔ cup of the Marinara mixture to the bottom of a baking dish and layer ¼ of the zucchini slices over top. Spread ⅓ of the ricotta mixture over the zucchini and top with another scoop of marinara. Repeat the layers 2 more times, then add the last of the zucchini slices. Top with the cheddar and cover with foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then remove the foil and bake an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown and the edges are bubbling.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!