I think Sunday’s may be my “clean out the fridge” day. Sausage and Peppers…ish. I had some zucchini, cherry tomatoes and other odds and ends that needed using up, so in they went! I also made a light salad to go with it.
- 1 lb Italian Sausage Links
- 2 cup Bell Pepper; sliced
- 2 cups Onion; sliced
- 1 cup Zucchini; sliced
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes; halved
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian Herbs
- ¼ teaspoon Dried Basil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 ½ cups Marinara Sauce
- 3 cups Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Add the sausages to a baking sheet and bake until cooked through; about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a dutch oven over medium-high heat and add a drizzle of oil. Sauté the vegetables until tender and mix in the seasonings and marinara.
- Slice the sausages and add to the dutch oven. Toss to coat, then scoop into a baking dish. Cover with cheese and foil, then bake for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and bake an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!