I love well balanced meals! The whole thing about dieting is that there’s no such thing as the cure-all diet. I’ve tried keto, paleo, Atkins, etc. but the diet that works best is loading up on the veggies and making the star of the dish a protein that you love. So tonight I made blackened salmon with cauliflower risotto and roasted brussels sprouts. 😋 It’s packed with Omega 3’s, vitamins, healthy fats and it has FLAVOR! This salmon recipe is so quick and delicious!
Servings: 2 Cooking Time: 12 Minutes
- 2 – 4 oz Salmon Fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Chili Powder
- Liberal pinch of Onion Powder
- Liberal pinch of Cumin
- Liberal pinch of Cayenne Pepper
- Pinch of Ground Thyme
- Small pinch of Brown Sugar
- Salt and Pepper to taste (don’t be shy!)
- Combine the spices and seasonings in a bowl. Add a drizzle of oil over the fillets and sprinkle the spice mixture over top. Rub into the meat and set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add a liberal drizzle of olive oil and allow it to get hot.
- Add the salmon, skin side down and cook until the skin loosens from the pan, about 2-3 minutes. Flip and sear the flesh side until cooked through, another 2 minutes.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!