Pizza cravings are the worst! My sister-in-law and I are trying a lighter approach, so I made Supreme Pizza Zucchini Boats! Turkey sausage, bell pepper, pepperoni and other deliciousness. So! Freaking! Good! Plus, they took around 30 minutes to make!
- 3 large Zucchini; halved & cored
- 1/4 lb Pepperoni; divided
- 1/4 lb Italian Turkey Sausage
- 1/2 cup Bell Pepper; chopped
- 1/2 cup Red Onion; chopped
- 1/2 cup Mushrooms; minced
- 1/3 cup Black Olives; chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Herbs
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups Marinara Sauce
- 3 cups Mozzarella cheese; divided
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and brown the Italian sausage until cooked through. Drain and place in a large bowl. Add the onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, black olives, marinara, seasonings and 1 cup mozzarella to the bowl. Chop half of the pepperoni and add it to the bowl.
- Scoop the mixture into the zucchini boats and add a layer of pepperoni. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over top and add a layer of pepperoni.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the zucchini is tender and the cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!