I had some leftover Pesto Brown Butter Mashed Potatoes from Easter dinner and ground turkey calling my name! So stinking good! Yummy Pesto Caprese Salad and Garlic Lemon Asparagus rounded out the meal.
- Add the ground turkey, egg, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic and seasonings to a large bowl. Mix until combined, then cover and chill for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F and form the meat mixture into 12 golf ball sized meatballs.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. Sear the meatballs on all sides then transfer to a baking sheet. Bake until the internal temperature reaches 165°F; about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the mushrooms and onions to the skillet and sauté until tender. Pour in the broth and seasonings. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water. Pour the slurry into the skillet and stir until thickened.
- Add the meatballs back into the skillet and toss to coat. Serve over mashed potatoes or pasta.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!