Last night’s (and tonight’s) dinner. Jerk Chicken Gyros. ❤️ I normally cook them on the smoker, but my handy-dandy skillet did the trick. I used up the last of my Jerk Seasoning mix, so it’s definitely time to make some more. 💕
Jerk Chicken Gyros
Servings: 4 Prep Time: 8 Hours Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- Jerk Seasoning:
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Ancho Chile Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon All Spice
- 1/8 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Thyme
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 2 large Chicken Breasts; cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon Brown Sugar
- 1 large Tomato; cored and chopped
- 1 cup Red Onion; sliced
- 3 cups Romaine Lettuce; chopped
- 1 cup Tzatziki Sauce
- 5 Pita Flatbreads
- Mix the jerk seasoning in a large bowl and add the chicken. Toss to coat, cover and chill overnight.
- Heat large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat and sear the chicken until cooked through. NOTE: you can cook them in batches if your skillet isn’t large enough.
- Lay out the pita bread and add the chicken, lettuce, onion, tomato and Tzatziki sauce.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!