Yes, but have you ever made Scalloped Potatoes with Broccoli Cheddar Soup? SO delicious!!My baby brothers were in town and they eat out…a LOT. So I’m sending them home with something they can pop in the oven for 30 minutes. I saved one for tomorrow’s dinner, so that’ll make my day easier.
- 4-5 cups Potatoes; peeled and sliced
- 2 cups Cubed Ham
- 1 Tablespoon Bacon Grease
- 1/2 cup Onion; chopped
- 2/3 cup Flour
- 1 cup Milk
- 4 cups Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4 cups Sharp Cheddar; divided
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the bacon grease. Add the onion and sauté until translucent before sprinkling in the flour. Cook, stirring constantly, until golden brown. Slowly pour in the milk and soup, then add the seasoning. Whisk until thickened.
- Spread 1/4 cup of the mixture over the bottom of a baking dish and remove the potatoes from the water, layering over the soup mixture. Sprinkle on 1/4 cup cheese and ham. Continue the layers until the baking dish is full and top with the remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Remove the foil and bake an additional 10 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!