Southwest Egg Rolls are what’s for dinner! It’s a great way to use up any extra taco meat you have in the fridge. I made a lot so I can freeze some and pop them in my Air Fryer on busy days. Kids LOVE these just as much as adults do and they disappear fast!
Taco Egg Rolls
Servings: 5 Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
- 10 Egg Roll Wrappers
- Oil for Frying
- 2 lbs Ground Beef
- 1/4 cup Taco Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Cilantro
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes; cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup Red Onion; chopped
- 1/4 cup Sweet Corn
- 1/4 cup Black Beans
- 1/2 cup Bell Pepper; cored and chopped
- 1 cup Mexican Cheese; shredded
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and brown the beef. Drain and add in the taco seasoning. Mix until well combined and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the filling ingredients. Taste and season accordingly.
- Lay out the egg roll wrappers and brush the edges with water. Add the filling in the center, on the diagonal, and wrap tightly. Repeat with the remaining egg rolls.
- Heat a skillet with the oil over medium heat. Once it’s hot enough that a wooden spoon starts to bubble when submerged, add the egg rolls and fry until golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate or baking sheet with a wire rack to drain any excess oil.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!