This is one of my favorite quick recipes. It’s way cheaper and fresher to make at home rather than ordering it for takeout. Plus, you know exactly what’s in it.
Weeknight Broccoli and Beef
Servings: 5 Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 2 lbs Beef Serloin Strips
- 3 cups Broccoli Florets
- 3 cloves Garlic; minced
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger Powder
- 1 cup Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Oyster Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Chile Paste
- 1 Tablespoon Sweet Chile Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Hoisin Sauce
- Pinch of Sugar (optional)
- Whisk the sauce ingredients in a medium bowl until combined. Taste and season accordingly, then set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add 2/3 cup water. Bring to a boil and steam the broccoli until just tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain any excess water.
- Add a drizzle of the sesame oil and scoop in the beef, searing until cooked to your desired doneness. Remove with a slotted spoon and pour in the sauce. Whisk until thickened and taste, seasoning accordingly.
- Toss the beef and broccoli in the sauce and garnish with sesame seeds.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!