Taco Monday, Hawaiian style! Chicken Huli Huli Tacos with Pineapple Pico de Gallo and Wasabi Mayo. I thought I’d made way too much Hawaiian Mac Salad, but it vanished. You can bake, grill or cook the chicken in a slow cooker if you don’t have a smoker, but I strongly recommend smoking it.
- In a medium bowl, mix the Huli Huli sauce ingredients, minus the cornstarch and pineapple juice. Pour half of sauce into a small saucepan and add the chicken to the bowl with the remaining marinade. Cover and chill overnight.
- Bring the sauce to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer until thickened. Transfer to a sealed bowl or sauce bottle and chill until the chicken is ready to cook.
- After the chicken has marinaded, heat a smoker or grill to medium (350°F) heat. Smoke the chicken until the internal temperature reaches 165°F; about 15 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board, cover and rest for 5 minutes before chopping.
- Meanwhile, add the tortillas to the grill, heating until soft and slightly charred. Place the tortillas in a tortilla warmer or wrap in foil.
- Mix the Pineapple Pico de Gallo ingredients in a bowl and assemble the tacos.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!