This was my first time cooking and eating goat, which is odd because we’ve been raising them for years. I’d always heard that it was really gamey, so I made sure to marinade it a good long while. It was amazing and so tender. I’ll definitely be making it again. The turmeric yellow rice and flatbread on the side were a great accompaniment.
Prep Time: 24 Hours
Cooking Time: 2 Hours
- 2 1/2 lbs Goat Stew Meat
- 30 oz Coconut Milk; divided
- 1/3 cup Curry Powder; divided
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder; divided
- 1 teaspoon Cumin; divided
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Brown Sugar
- Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 cup Onion; chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic; minced
- 1 cup Carrots; peeled and cubed
- 1 cup Parsnip; peeled and cubed
- 1 cup Sweet Potato; peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup Bell Pepper; chopped
- Add the meat and half the coconut milk and spices to a large bowl. Cover and chill for 24-48 hours.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. Add the goat meat and sauté until cooked through before adding the vegetables, broth, remaining coconut milk and spices. Taste and season accordingly.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 2 hours.
- Serve with rice and enjoy!