Still mourning Taco Bell’s Fiesta Taco Salad. I added some things that don’t normally come with it and I baked the chicken in my toaster oven so I wasn’t babysitting my griddle. You can air fry the tortilla bowl too. Or you can do what I did and give yourself a second degree burn.
Copycat Taco Bell Fiesta Chicken Taco Salad
Servings: 2 Cooking Time: 35 Minutes
- 1 large Chicken Breast
- 1 teaspoon Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Ancho Chile Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Taco Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Taco Shell:
- 4 large Flour Tortillas
- Oil for Frying
- Taco Filling:
- 1 cup Refried Beans; heated
- 1 1/2 cups Mexican Rice; cooked
- 4 cups Lettuce; cleaned & chopped
- 1 cup Mexican Blend Cheese; shredded
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes; cored & chopped
- 1/2 cup Sweet Corn; Roasted
- 1/2 cup Red Onion; chopped
- 1 cup Tortilla Strips
- 1/2 cup Chipotle Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, oil and seasonings. Toss to coat then place on a baking sheet. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. Rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, heat 3” of oil in a dutch oven over medium heat until a wooden spoon bubbles when inserted into the oil. CAREFULLY add the tortilla and use a wide slotted spoon or cooking spider to press the tortilla into the oil, forming a deep bowl. Fry until golden brown, using tongs to turn the tortilla until the interior is crispy. Place upside down on a baking sheet with a wire rack to drain any excess oil. Repeat with the other tortilla.
- Spread half of the beans over the bottom of each tortilla bowl and top with the Mexican rice, lettuce, cheese, chicken, tomatoes, corn, onion, tortilla strips and chipotle sour cream.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!