It’s Taco Tuesday, so naturally I made pasta. 😂 I was craving something bright and acidic, so Rigatoni Ricotta Bolognese it is. ❤️ Can you really go wrong with pasta, though? Ricotta Bolognese is one of my favorite Italian sauces. It’s hearty, rich and warms you to straight to your core.
Rigatoni Ricotta Bolognese
Servings: 5 Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1/2 cup Mushrooms; chopped
- 1/2 cup Yellow Squash; chopped
- 1 cup Onion; chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic; minced
- 4 cups Marinara Sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh Oregano; chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh Basil; chopped
- 1 cup Ricotta Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 16 oz Rigatoni Pasta
- Bring a large pot of liberally salted water to a boil and add the pasta. Cook until almost al dente; about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté the beef, mushrooms, squash, garlic and onions until cooked through. Drain and add the marinara sauce and herbs. Taste and season accordingly. Once the bolognese begins to bubble, reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Mix in the pasta and ricotta until evenly coated and continue to cook until the rigatoni is al dente. Serve and top with more parmesan and herbs if desired.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!