I love Panda Express’ Crab Rangoons and they’re so easy to make! Oddly enough, they don’t use crab or imitation crab in their original recipe. Feel free to add some though, it’s delicious! My local Panda Express offers 3 for $2.35. Buying the ingredients myself, I have enough to make 50 Rangoons for just shy of $6.
If you’re new to frying food, I really recommend using a deep cast iron Dutch Oven instead of the more shallow skillet. It will help keep splattering to a minimum and if things get out of hand you can just pop the lid on and use some hot pads to carefully remove it from the heat.
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese; room temperature
- ¼ cup Green Onion; minced
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Onion Powder
- 16 Wonton Wrappers
- Oil for Frying
- Heat a Dutch Oven or deep cast iron skillet with 3″ of oil over medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the filling ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Fill a small bowl with water and place next to the wonton wrappers on a cutting board. Dip your fingers in the water and run them along the edges of the first wrapper. Add roughly 1 teaspoon of the filling to the center and pinch the center of each opposite sides together. Pinch at the center and, working from the bottom, squeeze out all of the air.
- When the oil is hot enough that a wooden spoon starts to bubble, fry the Rangoons and for 2 minutes. If the top is still pale, flip it over briefly until golden. Remove each of the wontons from the oil using a slotted spoon and place on a baking sheet with a wire rack or a paper towel lined plate.
- Enjoy with Sweet & Sour Sauce!
Looking for a main dish? Try one of these recipes!