Happy Valentine’s Day! The roads are still iced over and I really wanted Panda Express Beijing Beef, Chow Mein and Crab Rangoons. Time for some homecooked copycats! I’m definitely wining and dining myself tonight. #singlelife
- Add the steak, soy sauce, sugar and chile paste to a bowl and mix until well coated. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Heat a medium skillet or wok over medium-high heat and add a drizzle of sesame oil. Sauté the bell peppers and onions until just tender before scooping them out and setting aside. Add the sauce ingredients and whisk until combined. Once it begins to bubble, cover and reduce heat to low.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and add to a large bowl with the cornstarch; tossing until coated. Discard the remaining marinade.
- Heat another wok or skillet over medium heat and add ¼” of vegetable oil. Once the oil is hot enough that a wooden spoon begins to bubble, add the beef in batches and fry until crispy, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a wire rack or paper towel to drain any excess oil.
- Add the cooked vegetables and beef to the sauce and toss until evenly coated before serving.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!