Pesto sounded so good tonight! I’m looking after my folks’ farm while they’re on vacation and they don’t have any mozzarella, so I improvised and used gournay cheese and parmesan. It turned out so delicious and creamy. ❤️
Baked Pesto Chicken Pie
Servings: 5 Cooking Time: 2 hours
- 2 large Chicken Breasts; cubed
- 1/2 cup Onion; minced
- 2 cloves Garlic; minced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 Tablespoons Pesto Sauce
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 1/2 cups Parmesan; divided
- 1 package Boursin Gournay Cheese; divided
- 1 large Tomato; sliced
- 1 Pie Shell
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a pie plate with the pie shell dough. Bake for 10 minutes, or until it’s a light golden brown. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add a splash of olive oil. Sauté the chicken and onions until cooked through, then drain and add the garlic, sautéing until fragrant; about 2 minutes. Taste and season accordingly.
- Add the pesto, heavy cream, half of the Boursin and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese to the skillet, stirring until the cheese is melted and creamy. Spoon the chicken mixture into the pie shell and spread in an even layer. Top with the sliced tomatoes, and the remaining cheeses.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until the cheese is golden brown and melted. Rest on a cooling rack for 5 minutes before serving.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!