I had a bunch of requests for the bun recipe from my last night’s sliders. I’m definitely not a baker, but I really like how they turned out. You can use milk instead of powdered milk, I just never have any on hand.
Homemade Hamburger Buns
Servings: 4 Cooking Time: 2 hours
- 1 1/4 cup Water; heated to 113°F
- 3 Tablespoons Powdered Milk
- 3 Tablespoons Butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dry Yeast
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 3 cups Bread Flour; sifted
1. In a stand mixer bowl, whisk together the water, powdered milk, melted butter, sugar and yeast until frothy. Let bloom for 5 minutes.
2. Mix in the salt and gradually stir in the flour on medium-low speed until it forms a soft dough. Transfer to a greased bowl and cover, allowing to rise until doubled; about an hour.
3. Punch down and divide into 12 pieces. Form into balls and place in large skillets or on a greased baking sheet 2 to 3 inches apart. Cover with a damp kitchen towel and let rise for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
5. Bake the rolls for 17 minutes, then cool slightly on a cooling rack. Brush with melted butter if desired.
Looking for a main dish? Try one of these recipes!