Finally! The BBQ bacon sliders! I was going to make them yesterday, but got home from work around midnight and was too exhausted to eat. So today’s the day! I only needed 1 pound of bacon, so naturally I baked 5 pounds. Because…bacon.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place a wire rack over top. Layer the bacon over the rack and bake for 18 minutes or until crispy.
- Meanwhile, heat a small skillet over medium heat and drizzle in some olive oil. Add the sliced onion and cook until caramelized. Reduce heat to low and cover.
- Preheat a griddle over medium heat and, in a medium bowl, combine the beef, egg, minced onion and seasonings. Form into 8 patties and use your thumb to press a dimple in the center of each patty.
- Add a drizzle of oil to the griddle and cook the patties to your desired doneness. Transfer to a plate, top with the cheese, cover and rest for 5 minutes.
- Assemble the burgers and enjoy!
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!