Day 37 of my #PantryChallenge
I spent an amazing night with my family yesterday and cooked dinner for them. I brought over most of it from my pantry, but my mom had all the fresh vegetables, cheese (that I forgot at home) and sour cream on hand, so I’m counting it. My dad said they were some of the best enchiladas he’s ever had, but he’s my dad, so…
- Preheat oven to 300°F and wrap the tortillas in a damp paper towel and foil. Place in the oven until heated through, soft and pliable.
- Meanwhile, heat a dutch oven over medium heat and add a drizzle of oil. Sauté the onions, bell peppers and jalapeños until tender before adding the garlic and cooking until fragrant. Add the cubed chicken and stir constantly until cooked through. Add the sour cream, corn, black beans, green chiles, seasonings, spices and 1 cup of the cheese.
- Remove the tortillas from the oven and increase the temperature to 400°F.
- Spread a thin layer of enchilada sauce into the bottom of a baking dish.
- Double up the tortillas and add a scoop of the chicken filling to the center. Roll the enchiladas and place over the sauce, repeat with the remaining tortillas. Drizzle the remaining sauce over the enchiladas and sprinkle the 2 cups of cheese over top. Cover with foil and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!