Day 35 of the #PantryChallenge
Hey look! It’s soup…again. 😂 Still can’t really do the whole solid food thing, so immersion blender to the rescue! I love pureed soups and I added a bit more peppers to try and help clear out my sinuses. It could have done with a splash of heavy cream, but I didn’t have any on hand. Sad panda.
Curried Sweet Potato Soup
Servings: 5 Cooking Time: 1 Hour
- 1 quart Chicken Broth
- 3 large Sweet Potatoes; peeled and chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 large White Onion; diced
- 4 cloves Garlic; minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Thyme
- 3 Tablespoons Curry Powder
- 1 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- Pinch of Coriander Seeds
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat a pot over medium-high heat and add the oil, onions and sweet potatoes. Sauté until tender, then add in the garlic; cooking until fragrant. Add the thyme, spices and broth to the pot and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Carefully pour the soup into a blender and pulse until smooth, then it pour back into the pot. Taste and season accordingly.
- Serve hot and garnish with chopped walnuts.