Day 36 of the #PantryChallenge
I had a lot of the Curried Sweet Potato Soup I made last night left over so I repurposed it. Chicken & Vegetable Curry is what’s for dinner! I normally add cauliflower, sugar snap peas and zucchini but didn’t have any on hand.
Chicken & Vegetable Curry
Servings: 5 Cooking Time: 1 Hour
- 1 quart Chicken Broth
- 3 large Sweet Potatoes; peeled and chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 large White Onion; diced
- 4 cloves Garlic; minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Thyme
- 3 Tablespoons Curry Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- Pinch of Coriander Seeds
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 large Chicken Breasts; cubed
- 2 cups Carrots; chopped
- 1 cup Onion; chopped
- 2 cups frozen Broccoli Florets
- Heat a pot over medium heat and add the oil, diced onion and sweet potatoes. Sauté until tender, then add in the garlic; cooking until fragrant. Add the thyme, spices and broth to the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Carefully pour the soup into a blender and pulse until smooth, then it pour back into the pot. Taste and season accordingly, then cover.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. Sauté the carrots and onions until tender before adding in the chicken and cooking through. Add the chicken and sautéed vegetables along with the frozen broccoli to the curried soup and stir to combine. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes before serving over rice.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!