Day 26 of my Pantry Challenge. ❤️
I told myself to only make 4 servings. 😩 But if I taste something and it needs another flavor I toss it in. Next thing I know, the soup’s doubled. Hamburger Sausage & Veggie Soup anyone?! I didn’t have any beef broth, so I used the stock from the InstaPot Pork Carnitas I made the other night. 😂 You can use either beef or pork broth, though. I’m on a time crunch, so it’s another 30 minute recipe.
Hamburger Sausage & Veggie Soup
Servings: 6 Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1/2 lb Chicken Sausage
- 1 small Onion; chopped
- 1 large Carrot; chopped
- 1 large Potato; chopped
- 1 large Zucchini; peeled & chopped
- 1/2 cup canned Corn; reserve 1/4 cup of the canning liquid
- 1 quart Pork Broth
- 14 oz. Diced Tomatoes (don’t drain)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian Herbs
- 2/3 teaspoon Thyme
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Bring a small pot with 1” water and a steamer basket to a boil. Steam the carrots and potatoes until tender; about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add a drizzle of oil and the onions, sautéing until tender. Brown the beef and sausages until cooked through, then add the remaining ingredients as well as the steamed vegetables and the steaming water until it reaches your desired consistency. Taste and season accordingly.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until the zucchini is tender.