Day 24 of my 8 week #PantryChallenge
I had a Scatter Brain Jane moment yesterday and totally spaced pulling the Pork Half Loin out of my freezer. YAY!!! (sarcasm heavily implied) Sooo, I quickly thawed some chicken sausages and snagged a box of dehydrated Cheesy Hash Browns from my pantry, both of which I got from my local food bank a couple months back (along with the cheese). Tossed in some zucchini I found in the discount bin as well as some other odds and ends. Dinner is served and cost a whopping 50¢ for all 5 servings. Parsley makes it fancy!
- ½ lb Italian Herb Chicken Sausages; sliced
- 1 cup Zucchini; roughly chopped
- ½ cup Onion; chopped
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Smoked Paprika (normal Paprika works as well)
- ½ teaspoon Dried Italian Herbs
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 box Generic Cheesy Hash Browns
- 2 cups Water
- ⅓ cup Milk (or 3 Tablespoons dried milk and ½ cup water)
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ cup Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat a skillet over medium to medium-high heat and add the chicken sausage, zucchini and onion to a large skillet. Sauté until the vegetables are tender and the sausage is crispy. Sprinkle in the garlic, paprika and Italian herbs. Mix until well coated and the aroma of herbs, garlic and onions fills your kitchen.
- Pour in the dehydrated potatoes, water and milk (or its substitute). Stir in the cheese packet then taste and season accordingly. Sprinkle the cheeses over top and cover.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes then uncover and bake an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown and the edges of the skillet are bubbling.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!