Day 25 of my 8 week #PantryChallenge
Another quick dinner before heading back to work. I’ve never been more excited for a lettuce wrap in my life. I had to start buying fresh produce again and I feel SO much better for it. The lettuce and celery were $1.20 and I only used about 1/3 of them. The rest was in my pantry and freezer. So, are ya’ll team Bleu Cheese or team Ranch Dressing?
- 2 large Chicken Breasts; chopped
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ½ cup Onion; minced
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
- ⅔ cup Buffalo Sauce
- 8 Lettuce Leaves (bib or romaine work best)
- ½ cup Carrots; shredded
- ½ cup Celery; thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Purple Cabbage; chopped
- ½ cup Ranch Dressing
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add a drizzle of oil. Place the chicken in a medium bowl and season with the salt, pepper, garlic powder and smoked paprika. Sauté the chicken and onions until the the chicken is cooked through and the onions are tender.
- Sprinkle in the cornstarch and toss to coat before adding in the buffalo sauce. Continue to stir until the sauce has thickened. Cover and set aside.
- Wash the lettuce leaves and place ½ cup of the chicken filling in the center. Sprinkle the carrots, celery and cabbage over top and add a drizzle of Ranch (of Bleu Cheese Dressing) or serve it on the side.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!