Day 22 of my 8 week #PantryChallenge
Am I the only one who drools over Taco Tuesday posts and has to make tacos the next day? I really wanted Chipotle’s Carnitas Tacos. I decided to go on Chipotle’s website and looked up how much 10 tacos would cost. $36.83 was the grand total and that’s without sides. Yikes! This set me back just under $14 and I can fill another 4 or 5 tacos. I wanted to make my Copycat Chipotle Cilantro Lime Rice, but I’m out of both fresh limes and cilantro. Cantina Salsa Rice and Restaurant Style Refried Beans it is!
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and drizzle in the olive oil. Season the roast with salt and pepper, then sear on all sides. Reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Place the roast in the InstaPot and pour the broth, lime juice and chiles over top. Sprinkle in the spices, herbs and seasonings then, using tongs, flip the meat until it’s completely coated in the spiced broth.
- Add another drizzle of oil to the skillet and sauté the yellow onions until tender before adding the garlic. Cook until fragrant, then scoop them into the InstaPot. Select the pressure cook option and cook, at pressure for 1 hour.
- 10 minutes before the pork is finished, preheat your oven to 400°F. Wrap the tortillas in a damp paper towel then cover with foil. Place the tortillas in the oven and heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Shred the meat using 2 forks. If you’d like crispier meat (like me), spread it over a sheet pan and broil for 3 minutes.
- Assemble the tacos and enjoy!
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!