Day 21 of my 8 week #PantryChallenge
I needed to use up some of the generic brand crescent/croissant tubes I bought on special for 89¢ and stashed in my freezer a while back. I don’t really like my sweet main dishes to be cloyingly sweet, so I often add chiles, garlic, onion and vinegar. Not enough to be spicy or obnoxious, just enough to keep it from tasting like it’s a weird meat dessert. Joey Tribbiani can sit on down.
- 1 large Chicken Breast; cubed
- 1/2 cup Onion; minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Spanish (or Smoked) Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne
- 2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tubes Crescent/Croissant Rolls
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. Once hot, add the onion and chicken, then season with the garlic powder, paprika, cayenne, salt and pepper. Sauté until the chicken is cooked through then drain any excess liquid.
- Add the mayo, honey and dijon, then taste and season accordingly, adding more honey if you’d like it sweeter, dijon if you’d like it tangier, mayo if you’d like it creamier and chiles if you’d like it hotter. Mix until well incorporated and set aside.
- Preheat air fryer to 370°F.
- Open the crescent/croissant tubes and separate the sections. Add a generous scoop of filling to every other segment and cover with the segment next to it. Pinch the edges closed and roll into the crescent shape.
- Place the rolls on an air fryer rack (no need to spritz with oil) and air fry for 6-8 minutes, lightly shaking halfway through to make sure they’re not sticking or getting too dark.
- Remove from the air fryer and serve immediately.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!