Day 13 of my 8 week #PantryChallenge I had to run errands on my lunch/dinner so I couldn’t get home to eat. Finally home and whipped up a few quick burgers. As a kid I used my burger to scoop up the beans, but now I just pile it right on top. 😂 Served with tater tots and Buttered English Peas.
Baked Bean Burgers
Servings: 4 Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
- Beef Patties:
- 1 1/2 lbs lean Ground Beef
- 1 large Egg
- 2 Tablespoons Italian Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Onion; minced
- 1/4 cup Carrot: minced
- 1/4 cup Bell Pepper; minced
- 1 clove Garlic; finely minced
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 14 oz. Baked Beans
- 2 Tablespoons BBQ Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 5 Hamburger Buns
- 1 large Tomato; sliced
- 1 small Onion; thinly sliced
- Scoop 1 teaspoon of the baked bean liquid into a small bowl with the cornstarch; whisking until it forms a slurry. Pour the rest of the beans as well as the bbq sauce into a a saucepan over Medium heat. Heat through, then add the slurry to the saucepan, stirring until thickened. Reduce heat to Low and stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile, mix the burger ingredients in a large bowl until well combined. Form into 4 equal sized patties.
- Preheat a griddle over Medium-High heat and add a pad of butter. Sear the patties until cooked through, then set aside and add the buns to the griddle. Lightly toast the buns until golden brown.
- Place a patty on the bottom half of one of the buns and add the tomato slices and onions over top. Using a slotted spoon, scoop a healthy amount of beans over the burger and add the top of the bun. Repeat with the remaining burgers.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!