Day 15 of my 8 week #PantryChallenge
Smoked Tuscan Chicken Pasta made with powdered milk and garlic bread made from the heels of a Italian loaf I had in my freezer. I made a lot so I could stash a couple of portions in my freezer. It freezes really well and it tastes just as delicious when it’s reheated. Plus, it makes an awesome midnight snack.
- Bring a pot of liberally salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until almost al dente; about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then sear on all sides. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover, cooking until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside. Add the butter, onions and garlic to the skillet and sauté until tender, then sprinkle in the flour; cooking until the roux is golden brown.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the powdered milk and water. Slowly whisk the milk into the roux and add the cream cheese, half the parmesan, half the mozzarella and all of the sun-dried tomatoes, herbs and seasonings. Taste and season accordingly.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Slice the chicken and add it, the cooked pasta, broccoli and peas to a baking dish. Pour the sauce over top and mix until well combined. Top with the remaining cheese and cover with foil. Bake for 20 minutes, then uncover and bake an additional 8 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the edges of the dish are bubbling.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!