I LOVE chicken egg rolls! They’re amazing with tangy sweet and sour sauce! ❤️ They’re much cheaper and tastier if you make them at home. Plus, they’re really not that hard to make and you know exactly what’s in them. No 10 syllable preservatives here! Shrimp and chicken are my personal favorites, but you can add any meat that you like or no meat at all for a vegetarian option. ❤️
Chicken & Veggie Egg Rolls
Servings: 4 Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- 8 Wonton Wrappers
- 1/2 lb Ground Chicken
- 2 cups Green Cabbage; chopped
- 1 cup Red Cabbage; chopped
- 1/2 cup Green Onion; chopped
- 1/2 cup Carrot; julienned
- 1/2 cup Celery; chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Ginger; grated
- 2 cloves Garlic; minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 large Egg; whisked
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the sesame oil. Once hot, add the chicken, vegetables and seasonings. Cook until the chicken is cooked through, then set aside.
- Lay out an egg roll wrapper and brush egg over the surface. Scoop about 1/2 cup of the chicken filling in the center and wrap the egg roll, first tucking in the sides, then folding the bottom corner over the filling and rolling the egg roll away from you, towards the last corner. Repeat with the remaining egg rolls.
- Add 1” of oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Once it reaches 360°F (or when the handle of a wooden spoon starts to bubble when dipped in the oil) add the egg rolls and fry until golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate or a baking sheet with a wire rack.
- Enjoy with Sweet and Sour Sauce!
Looking for a main dish? Try one of these recipes!