Day 11 of my 8 week #PantryChallenge
No grocery shopping, no take-out and no deliveries. Man, this has been such a fun challenge! This is my favorite thing to do with Thanksgiving leftovers. The crust is so flaky and the gravy makes it deliciously decadent!
• 2 Puff Pastry Pie Shells
• 1 large Egg for egg wash
• 2 1/2 cups Leftover Turkey; chopped
• 1 cup Leftover Stuffing/Dressing
• 1 cup Leftover Mashed Potatoes
• 1 cup Leftover Green Bean Casserole
• 2-3 cups Leftover Gravy
• 1/4 cup Cheddar Cheese
• 1/2 cup Frozen Peas
• 2/3 cup Frozen Corn
• 1/2 cup Carrots; chopped & Steamed
• 1/2 teaspoon Herbs de Provence
• 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
• 1/2 teaspoon Onion Salt
• 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
• Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, mix all of the filling ingredients until well combined.
- Line the bottom of a cast iron skillet with one of the pie shells and use a fork to poke holes in the bottom. Blind bake for 10 minutes or until the crust is lightly golden. Scoop in the filling and add the second pie shell over top or create a lattice design. Whisk the egg and a splash of water in a small bowl and brush over the pastry.
- Bake for 35 minutes, checking after 20 to make sure the crust isn’t getting too dark. If it is, cover loosely with foil.
- Place on a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes before slicing.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!