Day 3 of my 8 week #PantryChallenge.
Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo Bake with Garlic Bread. I wasn’t allowed to drink milk growing up, so I rarely have it in the fridge. Powdered milk to the rescue! I used the trimmings and tenderloins from the bone-in chicken breasts I used to make yesterday’s Chicken sandwiches. I also used the bones and skin to make the broth in my slow cooker.
- Bring a pot of liberally salted water to a boil and add the pasta. Cook until almost al dente, about 6 minutes, then drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a dutch oven over medium-high heat and add the chicken, butter, onions and garlic. Sauté until the onions are tender.
- In a bowl, combine the chicken broth and powdered milk, then slowly mix the mixture into the dutch oven. Add in the herbs, seasonings, cream cheese, cheddar, parmesan, 1 cup mozzarella, broccoli, corn and pasta. Stir until all the ingredients are combined, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour into a baking dish, then top with the remaining mozzarella. Combine the melted butter and breadcrumbs, then sprinkle it over the cheese and cover with foil.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then uncover and bake an additional 5 minutes or until the the edges of the pan are bubbling and the breadcrumbs are golden brown.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!