Day 2 of my 8 week #PantryChallenge
I love this pantry challenge! Making meals using ingredients from my pantry, fridge and freezer is turning out to be so much fun! No shopping and no new groceries. Honey Mustard Chicken Sandwiches served with Garlic Herb Fries and homemade Coleslaw.
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ancho Chile Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Honey Mustard Dressing:
- 1/2 cup Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 cup Coleslaw
- 3 Burger Buns
- 1 large Tomato; sliced
- 3 Lettuce Leaves
- 9 Pickle Slices
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, honey and paprika. Mix until well incorporated, cover and chill until the chicken is ready.
- Place the chicken breasts in a gallon sized ziplock bag and use a skillet or meat tenderizer to pound it to 1/2” thickness. Add the mayo to the bag and toss to coat. Add the flour, breadcrumbs and seasonings to a shallow dish and mix until well combined. Take the chicken from the bag and toss the breasts in the Panko mixture, patting it down to help it stick. Heat a skillet over medium heat and add 1” of vegetable oil. Once the oil is hot (stick a wooden spoon in the oil, if it bubbles it’s ready), add the coated chicken and fry until golden brown. Flip and fry the other side until the internal temperature reaches 165°F; about 8 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set on paper towels or a wire rack to drain the excess oil.
- Spread a lashing of Honey Mustard over the bottom half of the bun and add the lettuce, tomato, chicken breasts, pickles and coleslaw over top. Add another lashing of the honey mustard sauce to the top half of the bun and place it over the pickles.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!