Just what you need on a cold, dreary day like today. Beef and Vegetable Stew with Fry Bread. Things are kinda tough right now, so my Beef and Vegetable Stew is more like Vegetable and Beef Stew. I love vegetables, though so it all worked out!
Quick Beef and Vegetable Stew
Servings: 4 Cooking Time: 1 Hour
- 8 oz. leftover Steak
- 1 cup Onion; chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic; minced
- 1/2 cup Celery; chopped
- 1 cup Carrot; peeled and chopped
- 1 cup Zucchini; chopped
- 2 cups Potato; peeled and chopped
- 1 cup Parsnip; peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup Frozen Corn
- 1 1/2 quart Beef Broth
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian Herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon Celery Seed
- Pinch of Sugar
- 1 cup Tomato; chopped
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Bring a pot with 1” of water and a steamer basket to a boil. Add the root vegetables, cover and steam until almost tender; about 8 minutes.
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. Add the beef, onion, celery and garlic, then sauté until the onions are tender; about 5 minutes.
- Add in the steamed vegetables, broth, seasonings and herbs to the Dutch oven. Taste and season accordingly. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 45 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and enjoy!