I bought these steaks to be my birthday dinner over a month ago, but then the whole covid thing happened so I tucked them away in my freezer. Well, tonight’s the night! My sense of taste is still a bit wonky, but it was good! Seared Pesto T-Bone Steak, Cinnamon Butter Baked Sweet Potato, South West Deviled Eggs and a small Cheesy Broccoli Cauliflower Bake is what’s for dinner!
- 1 large 1″ thick T-Bone Steak
- 1 Tablespoon Montreal Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons Butter; divided
- 1 Thyme Sprig
- 2 Garlic Cloves; smashed
- ¼ cup Pesto
- Bring the steak up to room temperature and pat dry. Season it liberally with the steak seasoning and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high to high heat and add half of the butter. Sear the steak for 3 minutes before flipping and adding the remaining butter, garlic cloves and thyme. Baste the steaks with the butter in the skillet for an additional 2-3 minutes for medium-rare.
- Remove from the heat and spread the pesto over top. Then, cover and rest for 8 minutes.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!