So much cheesy goodness! Sausage Egg and Bacon Breakfast Melts, one for dinner tonight and the other for breakfast tomorrow. Honestly, I could only finish half of the sandwich. They were 5” tall before I squished them with another pan! I also made some Cheesy Pepper Hash Browns to go with it.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the sausage patties. Sear on both sides until a dark brown crust forms, then transfer to a plate and tent with foil.
- Return the skillet to the burner and add the onions. Season with salt and pepper, then sauté until translucent. Set aside in a bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, vegetables, cottage cheese and seasonings. Add a pad of butter to the hot skillet, then pour in the egg mixture, scrambling until set. Divide into 2 portions and set aside.
- Assemble the sandwiches: garlic bread slice, ¼ cup cheese, half of the scrambled eggs, sausage patty, sautéed onions, half of the bacon, ¼ cup cheese and top it with another slice of garlic bread. Repeat with the other sandwich.
- Add both sandwiches to the hot skillet and place another skillet over top, applying pressure to compact the sandwich. Cook for 2 minutes, or until the bottom is golden brown, then flip and cook the other side. Top with the remaining cheese and place, uncovered, in the preheated oven. Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown and bubbly.