I was really craving citrus, so I made Orange Mango Chicken with Cilantro Lime Rice. It was really light and fresh! I’m glad I had everything I needed in my fridge and pantry.
Orange Mango Chicken
Servings: 4 Cooking Time: 35 Minutes
- 2 large Chicken Breasts; sliced
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 large Mango; cubed
- 2 large Oranges; juiced and zested
- 1 Green Onion; chopped
- 1 small Red Onion; chopped
- 1 cup Zucchini; chopped
- 1/2 cup Bell Pepper; cored and chopped
- 1/4 cup Cashews
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger; grated
- 2 cloves Garlic; minced
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon Curry Powder
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the sesame oil. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then sear until cooked through.
- Add the garlic, ginger, red onion, bell pepper, cashews and zucchini to the skillet and sauté until tender.
- Pour in the orange juice, soy sauce and honey, then season with the curry powder, smoked paprika, orange zest, salt and pepper. Stir in the mango and green onions, then cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve with Cilantro Lime Rice and enjoy!
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!