My body was craving vegetables and I’m sick to death of soup. I normally make my lettuce wraps with beef, chicken or turkey, but cauliflower and broccoli made an amazing substitute.
Vegetarian Lettuce Wraps
Servings: 5 Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 2 cups Cauliflower; chopped
- 2 cups Broccoli; chopped
- 1 cup Carrot; chopped
- 1 cup Leek; chopped
- 1 cup Onion; chopped
- 1/2 cup Celery; chopped
- 1/2 cup Bell Pepper; cored and chopped
- 3 cloves fresh Garlic; minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh Ginger; grated
- 1/2 cup Water Chestnuts; chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups Teriyaki Sauce
- 6 Lettuce Leaves; rinsed
- 1/4 cup toasted Cashews; chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Green Onion; chopped
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Seeds
- 3 cups cooked Rice
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and drizzle in the sesame oil. Add all of the chopped vegetables, ginger and garlic, then season with the garlic powder, ginger powder, salt and pepper.
- Sauté the vegetables until tender, then reduce the heat to medium-low and pour in the Teriyaki Sauce. Toss to coat and cover, simmering for 10 minutes.
- Top the lettuce leaves with the cooked rice and vegetable filling. Garnish with Sesame seeds, toasted cashews and green onions.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!