I’m still feeling a bit under the weather, so this will definitely help! It’s delicious and wonderful for sick days. The broth it creates is beautifully light and all those vegetables are jam packed with nutrients.
Ginger Rainbow Chard & Beef Soup
Servings: 4 Cooking Time: 1 Hour 10 Minutes
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 large Sweet Potato; peeled and cubed
- 1 cup Onion; chopped
- 1 cup Bell Pepper; chopped
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper; chopped
- 1 bunch of Rainbow Chard
- 2 small Tomatoes; cored and chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic; minced
- 1 teaspoon Ginger; grated
- 8 cups Water
- 2 Tablespoons Biryani Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 8 oz. Steak; cooked and cubed
- 4 oz. Rice Vermicelli
- Heat a dutch oven over medium-high heat and add a drizzle of vegetable oil. Sauté the sweet potatoes, jalapeño, bell peppers and onion until tender. Add the ginger, garlic and tomatoes to the dutch oven and sauté until fragrant.
- Pour in the water and season with the Biryani seasoning, garlic powder, ginger powder, turmeric, salt and pepper. Add the cooked steak and taste, then season accordingly. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for 1 hour.
- Add the uncooked vermicelli to the soup and stir until the noodles are cooked through; about 6 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Ginger Rainbow Chard & Beef SoupTweet