This is one of my all time favorite winter meals. It’s warm, hearty, creamy and so comforting! It goes best with a grilled cheese or garlic bread.
Rosemary & Tomato Bisque
Servings: 5 Cooking Time: 1 hour 30 Minutes
- 3 lbs Fresh Tomatoes; cored & chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 small Onion; chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic; finely minced
- 3 Tablespoons Rosemary; chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian Herbs
- 3 1/2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat a dutch oven over medium-high heat and drizzle in the olive oil. Once hot, cook the onions until tender then add in the garlic; sautéing until fragrant. Add in the tomatoes, rosemary, seasonings and broth. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for 1 hour.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until it reaches your desired consistency. You can also use an upright blender – carefully pour the soup into your blender and pulse until smooth. Then, pour the soup back into the Dutch Oven and add in the cream, stirring until well combined. Cover and simmer for an additional 30 minutes before serving hot with a grilled cheese or breadsticks!
Pair this recipe with a delicious Cheddar Parm Grilled Cheese!