I really wanted something Mexican themed and I had some ground beef to use up. This turned out perfect! Unfortunately I was out of tortilla chips, but I had some taco shells that I could crush up! I’m really broadening my soup portfolio. 😂
Green Chile Beef Taco Soup
Servings: 4 Cooking Time: 2 hours
- 2 lbs lean Ground Beef
- 1 medium Bell Pepper; cored and chopped
- 1 medium Onion; chopped
- 1 large Tomato; cored and chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic; minced
- 17 oz. Salsa Verde
- 5 cups Beef Broth
- 4 oz. Green Chiles
- 1 Tablespoon Taco Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Cilantro; finely chopped
- 2 cups Rice; cooked
- Heat a large dutch oven over medium-high heat and brown the ground beef. Drain, then add in the vegetables; sauté until tender.
- Pour in the salsa verde, chiles and beef broth. Season with the taco seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper, then taste and season accordingly. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Stir in the rice and cilantro.
- Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!