I finally felt well enough to eat again and my amazing mom dropped off all the ingredients to make Miso Soup! Gallons of Miso Soup. I made a simple Spicy Chicken Fried Rice to go with it.
Sushi Shop Miso Soup
Servings: 3 Cooking Time: 50 Minutes
- 1/2 cup Bonito Flakes
- 6 cups Water
- 1/2 cup Green Onions; chopped
- 7 oz firm Tofu; pressed and cubed
- 3 Tablespoons Miso Paste
- 1 Tablespoon Wakame (seaweed) Flakes
- Add the Wakame to a small bowl and cover with cold water. Allow 4-6 minutes for the seaweed to rehydrate. Place the strips on a cutting board and coarsely chop them.
- Pour the 6 cups of water into a pot and add the bonito flakes. Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer. Cover and cook for 45 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to scoop out the flakes and stir in the miso paste until dissolved. Add the green onions, tofu and rehydrated Wakame. Turn off the heat and stir, then cover and allow the tofu to heat through; about 5 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!