My brain’s all fuzzy. It took longer to type up this recipe than it did to make the soup. 😂 Sick or not, I have a weird thing about eating the same dinner two night’s in a row. This time I made Spicy Curried Parsnip and Cauliflower Soup. Take THAT sinuses! 😂 It’s simple, delicious and straight to the point with minimal fuss. It’s also great on a cold winter day.
Spicy Curried Parsnip and Cauliflower Soup
Servings: 6 Cooking Time: 45 Minutes
- 1 1/2 quarts Vegetable Stock
- 1 large head of Cauliflower; chopped
- 3 large Parsnips; peeled and chopped
- 1 large Carrot; peeled and chopped
- 1 large Onion; quartered
- 4 cloves Garlic; smashed
- 3 Tablespoons Curry Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Chile Oil
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pour the vegetable stock into a large dutch oven over high heat and add in the vegetables, chile oil, spices and seasonings. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until smooth, adding any additional water to bring it to your desired consistency. Taste and season accordingly.
- Enjoy, then take a nap!