This is by far my favorite breakfast hash brown recipe! It’s hearty, flavorful with a sweet maple twist. It goes amazingly with darn near any breakfast. My personal favorites are fried eggs, French Toast, Blueberry Banana Pancakes, or Breakfast Casseroles. This recipe works best with pure, authentic maple syrup but you can substitute the maple flavored corn syrup variety in a pinch. It’s also 100% vegan and vegetarian, if that’s your lifestyle.
- 3 cups Russet Potatoes; cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Onion; chopped
- 1/3 cup Bell Pepper; chopped
- 1/3 cup Tomatoes; cored and chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic; minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Rubbed Sage
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil.
- Once the skillet is hot, add the potatoes, onions, pepper, garlic, salt, pepper and sage. Sauté until the potatoes are cooked through and crispy on the outside; about 10 minutes.
- Drizzle the maple syrup over top and add in the chopped tomatoes; toss to coat. Cover and turn off the heat; allowing the dish to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Looking for a main dish? Try one of these!