This is by far my favorite breakfast hash brown recipe! It’s hearty, flavorful with a sweet maple twist. It goes amazingly with darn near any breakfast. My personal favorites are fried eggs, French Toast, Blueberry Banana Pancakes, or Breakfast Casseroles. ❤️ This recipe works best with pure, authentic maple syrup but you can substitute the maple flavored corn syrup variety in a pinch. It’s also 100% vegan and vegetarian, if that’s your lifestyle. 💕
Maple Pepper Hash Browns
Servings: 4 Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- 3 cups Russet Potatoes; cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Onion; chopped
- 1/3 cup Bell Pepper; chopped
- 1/3 cup Tomatoes; cored and chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic; minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Rubbed Sage
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil.
- Once the skillet is hot, add the potatoes, onions, pepper, garlic, salt, pepper and sage. Sauté until the potatoes are cooked through and crispy on the outside; about 10 minutes.
- Drizzle the maple syrup over top and add in the chopped tomatoes; toss to coat. Cover and turn off the heat; allowing the dish to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Looking for a main dish? Try one of these!