I was craving a McGriddle minus the $4.50 price tag. 80¢ is much more my tune! These little bad boys freeze really well, so I made a dozen.
Copycat Sausage Bacon and Egg McGriddles
Servings: 12 Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 1/4 cup whole Milk
- 1 large Egg
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 pounds Sage Breakfast Sausage
- 11 Bacon Strips
- 11 large Eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Rubbed Sage
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Form the breakfast sausage into 3” patties and place on a large baking sheet with a wire rack. Line the uncooked bacon next to the sausage and bake for 18 minutes, or until cooked through and crispy. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, garlic powder and seasonings then scramble until set, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Turn the oven to its lowest temperature and, in a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and sugar. In another smaller bowl combine the milk and egg, whisking thoroughly. Make a well in the dry ingredients and mix in the egg mixture until just combined but still slightly lumpy.
- Add a pad of butter to a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Once heated, scoop or pour 1/4 cup batter and cook until bubbles form and the surface loses it’s sheen; about 1 minute. Flip and cook another minute or until golden on the bottom. Place on a plate and set in the warm oven.Repeat with the remaining batter and sandwich a portion of eggs, bacon and sausage between 2 of the pancakes. Serve with butter and warm maple syrup.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!